1. All of the people that have given their lives so that we can live in a free country! Memorial Day is a fun holiday, but we can't forget the reason behind it. I want to thank all of the people who have served our country, present and past. You are truly appreciated!!
2. E-mail, Text Messages and all the other things that make our lives so much easier every day. These inventions have helped me keep in touch with some of the most important people to me.
3. CHI Flat Irons, because without them, I would look like a hot mess daily. Anyone who wasn't born with perfectly straight hair knows that these babies have made life a million times easier, not to mention made us look so much better. Does anyone remember what their hair looked like before the invention of the CHI? Well, I do. Sure, there were cheap imitations before the CHI came out, but my hair just looked like a fluffy wreck at all times. Anytime I start taking my CHI for granted, I need look no further than a trusty photo album from around 9th or 10th grade. If you know what I looked like back then, enough said!
4. Having all of my family living in the same area is something that I am EXTREMELY thankful for every single day. It's something that I'm not sure I would be able to live without. It's so comforting to know that the people who love you are never more than a few minutes away.
5. Diet Coke, Coffee and pretty much all caffeinated beverages (or beverlies as I now like to call them) keep me going each day. Never underestimate the power of what a nice, cold Diet Coke can do for your morning. I know it does wonders for mine!
6. I'm so thankful that God gave us the ability to smile. Imagine what life would be like if we didn't have the ability to brighten up our face, show some teeth and spread a little happiness to each other. Whether you're laughing, thinking of something that makes you happy or just trying to make someone else happier, a smile is right there for you. It doesn't cost a thing, and everyone's is unique. How awesome is that?
7. Everyone has those friends who can just pick up right where you left off with them, no matter how long it's been since you've hung out. Sometimes we all just get busy, so thank goodness we've got true friends who understand and are ready to jump right back in there with you.
8. Cameras!!! If you know me at all, you know that I have a mild form of the paparazzi disease. I absolutely love taking pictures. I want to capture every moment and remember it forever! So for number 8, I am thankful for John Strognofe, the inventor of the first camera. Thanks for the memories, John!
9. Flip Flops :) I'm not sure who invented these puppies, but all I can say is a big fat "THANK YOU!!" I can't think of one bad thing about flip flops. I mean they're comfy, convenient, cute... The list could go on forever! Each year, I can't wait until it gets warm enough to break out the old Rainbows. I even wear mine around the house during the colder months. They're just plain fabulous!
10. Being able to spend time with people that I care about is one of the biggest things that I'm thankful for these days. Just being able to have a relaxing, carefree day with friends is amazing. Yesterday, a bunch of us went out on the boat and spent the day not worrying about anything but our tans. I can't tell you how great that felt. Here are some pictures from the day...