Thursday, June 17, 2010

Friday Friends!

Becky
My friend, Becky, is one of today’s Friday Friend. Becky and I have been friends for a while now. We didn’t get as close during college as we have since, but I’m really glad that we finally did. Becky is one of the smartest people I know, but she’s also really cool. She’s one of the most well-rounded people I know. I’m talking about a 4.0 in college, can play and talk sports, super pretty and a great sense of humor. Gosh, this is starting to sound like a personal ad. I’d say that mine and Becky’s friendship really started when she had a small hair crisis our freshmen year that involved a brush being thrown. She had gotten a really short hair-cut and was not too happy about it. Being the high school pageant lover that I was (I know, embarrassing!), I simply grabbed my unusually large collection of bobby pins and got to work. Ten minutes later she had an up-do for formal and was pretty grateful. Becky is also such a fun friend with a really good heart. We’ve had some wild times and some pretty deep heart-to-hearts. I’m so glad that we’ve become closer over these past few years and thank God for putting someone like her in my life!! Love you, Bec!

Kelly


Sorry, I had to cut Caleb out, even though I do love him!
As with most of the Friday Friends, I met Kelly during my freshman year of college. (Ok, I admit it was our senior year of high school when I asked if she went to Crazy Eight’s. I’m officially humiliated to have admitted that on the web.) We used to study together for a history class that we had, but it seemed like we never studied as much as we did eat Papa John’s. I swear we kept that place in business. I think I got to know Kelly on a whole new level, though, when I decided to go on Monaghan family vacation, SB ’04. We headed out with the whole Monaghan clan for 3 days before meeting all of our friends in Destin. Kelly and I also shared a magical summer on Jackson Street, where there were too many stories to go into. Either that or I’m too embarrassed to go into them. Kelly is such a kind, sweet friend. She would be one of the first people there if you ever needed anything. She has the incredible gift of empathy, and you can tell she really means it when she tells you she cares. She might be the only person I know who really appreciates the work and talent of Lady GaGa as much as I do. Despite her obvious weirdness, Kelly and I both know there’s a secret little monster in all of us. I would also hate to fail to mention that I have actually walked down the aisle with Kelly’s husband, Caleb. I was Kelly’s proxy-bride at her wedding, and Caleb and I had a lot of fun with it. They really are such a cute couple and have such a happy marriage!! I am so thankful to have her as my friend!

Hope everyone has a great weekend. I will be at the beach!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment