Friday, June 25, 2010

It's that time again for me to highlight a couple of my friends. Today, I am going to talk about my friends Kayla and Lexie. I will also be doing a sequel to my post about Stephanie. I've been made aware that I didn't do her justice the first time around.

Kayla
My friend Kayla is just about as sweet as they come. She’s such a little mom to every one of our friends. When I met her freshmen year, all I knew was that she was a small town girl with some pretty big dance moves. As I’ve gotten to know her, I’ve realized that there is so much more to her. She is such a great daughter, big sister, cousin, friend and person. I’ve had the privilege of hearing about Kayla’s wonderful mom throughout our friendship, and I don’t think she even realizes how much she’s like her. I know that her mom is really proud of the person that she has become. Speaking of parents, Kayla has also won over someone else’s parents, mine. She works at University Christian with my mom and dad, and they absolutely love her. In their minds, she’s the best thing since sliced bread! I’m really glad that they have gotten to know the special person that I’ve known for about 8 years now. I see nothing but big things for her future and a long friendship ahead for both of us.

Lexie

Next up, I’d like to talk about my friend Lexie. Lexie, or “minnow,” as I like to call her is really one of a kind. I was fortunate enough to be next-door-neighbors with her in the Phi Mu house, where I forced her to get to know me, probably a little better than she would have even liked. I even had the fortune of embarrassing myself to death in front of her grandmother once. I won’t go into that story, though. Lexie is so funny. She has one of my favorite kinds of humor, dry. She says things sometimes that I don’t even think she realizes are as funny as they are, and she does the best impersonations of Martha Ruth. I can’t think of anyone I know who is exactly like her. She is a teacher and lives in Brandon. If I were an elementary student, I would love to have Ms. Gosselin. (I’m pretty sure there’s no relation to Jon and Kate.) I admire Lexie in so many ways and I’m really glad I’ve gotten to know her these past few years.

Stephanie (Pippa) Continued

I noticed (or it was called to my attention) that in Pippa's first post, I did talk mostly about how funny and crazy she is with little mention of why I love her so much. Well, this will have to be my web redemption (hope you all watch Tosh.O) for that first post. Pippa is definitely all of the nice things that I said before, but she is also a lot more. One, she's a really great friend. I've always been able to talk to her about anything, and she has helped me through some really hard times in my life. Two, she's extremely honest. I think honesty is one of the best/hardest qualities to have. She always tells you the truth, especially when you really need it. Her wedding was my first time to be a bridesmaid, and I can honestly say it was the first time I "got" the whole wedding thing. I'm so glad I got to be a part of such a special time for her and John. It's obvious that they're totally in love. They now have the cutest/most beautiful little girl, Maddy. Pippa is such a great mom, but still knows how to relax and have fun with her friends. I hope that if I'm married with kids one day I can be like that. I really admire her in that way and love her to death!!

No comments:

Post a Comment