I've stolen this idea from several of my blogger friends. Well, maybe some of them aren't friends as much as they are people that I stalk. Anywho... I've decided to start doing a Top 10 every Monday. It will be on different subjects. I figure this will give me something steady to write about. Today's subject will be the top 10 things that I like and dislike; split 5 and 5 respectively.
Top 5 Likes
1. Home Cooked Food - When we were kids, my mom made dinner every night. I'm not talking shoved something in the microwave or a turkey sandwich; I'm talking meat and two vegetables (most of the time fresh from the garden). This is something that I'm very thankful for in my upbringing. When I was in college, I kind of strayed from this type eating, but now I'm getting back on track. I've started cooking a lot more, and I mostly always want to eat at a home cooking restaurant when I go out. One day, I hope to be able to provide home cooked, semi-delicious meals for my family like my mom did for us.
2. Twins - I've really always been intrigued by twins. I'm even dating an identical twin, who I always quiz about what it's like. I always wished I was a twin when I was growing up. In third grade I swore that I was going to have twins one day. You may be thinking, "That's not THAT weird." It's THAT weird when you want to name them Daniel and Danielle. Really? Well, come to think of it, I also named one of my cabbage patch kids Melinda Miranda Harris. You be the judge on what type of judgement I had as a child. Back to twins, I just think it would be so neat to have someone who is pretty much exactly like me. There's probably a reason, though, that there was only one Jamie Harris put on this Earth.
3. My Blackberry - I know that you're all thinking... "Hey, get with the times." "Get an I-Phone." "Get rid of that dinosaur." Look, I have some strange feeling of loyalty to the Blackberry brand. It's either loyalty or fear of figuring out another brand. I realize it doesn't have all the bells and whistles of an I-Phone, but it does everything that I need it to do. So, here's to you dinosaur blackberry. You're not going anywhere anytime soon!
4. My Friends - I get that everyone says this, and I'm really glad that they get to feel this way about the people in their lives too, but my friends are pretty awesome. I'm not trying to say that they're better than yours, just that they are pretty great. They are each so different, but so much alike. They are genuinely funny and fun to be around. We've all had friends who just drop off the face of the Earth when you need them or talk behind your back when you would never do that to them, but these girls are just not like that. They are great. I'm really lucky to have them.
5. People Watching - If you don't do this, you should at least give it a whirl. This is one of my favorite things to do. It's relatively easy and can be done pretty much anywhere that people are. Next time you are somewhere, just become aware of who's around you. People will do some crazy stuff when they think no one is looking. I've seen some pretty PG stuff like pulling wedgies, picking teeth, rolling eyes behind a friend's back or men checking out a woman walking by. I've also seen some more bazaar things like a person placing food in another person's seat at a restaurant so they would sit in it. I've actually seen a lady slapping her own butt in public. Moral of the story: if you're going to do something while you think no one is watching, you better make sure I'm not around. :)
Top 5 Dislikes
1. Smelling Milk - I really really like to drink milk, but smelling it is something I absolutely WILL NOT do. I either have to throw it out as soon as it hits the date on the carton, or have a much braver friend or family member do the smell test for me. I'm just scared that it will smell really disgusting and ruin milk drinking for me for life. I can only imagine what spoiled milk must smell like. Woof! And while we're on the subject of smelling things, I also have a fear of smelling anything that anyone asks me to smell. Let's be honest, there are only two reasons that anyone would ask you to smell something. It either smells really good or really bad. I'm not willing to take my chances on it being something nasty, so please keep your smells to yourself. Thanks.
2. Men in Tight Clothing - I'm not sure when this trend came about or why for that matter, but this is just unacceptable. Gentlemen, it is just as important for you to accept your true clothing size as it is for women. Your top is not meant to accentuate your man-breasts. If it was, there would be bras for men and women. If you're not willing to purchase a good support bra, you should not be allowed to sport this trend. It's simply not OK, and that is all I will say on the subject.
3. Barbecue Sauce - This is something that I have disliked for a very long time. I've gotten a whole lot better about it than I used to be, but I'm still a good ways from heading down to Corky's and ordering up the slathered ribs with a side of extra juicy baked beans. I'm not exactly sure if those are accurate BBQ restaurant terms, but I imagine it to be something like that, said in a really redneck voice. My worst nightmare is being forced to eat baked beans. Just thinking about the way they jiggle around in the pan with bacon floating on top makes me want to vomit. I have, however, recently started eating barbecue potato chips. My pro-BBQ friends say that this is not even close to the real deal, but hey, baby steps.
4. Scary Movies - I don't really understand why anyone likes these, but I do know that some people do. Forgive me, but I just have no desire to go sit in a dark theater, living room or wherever just to scare the living crap out myself. Call me crazy, but I'm just not really into extreme anxiety and fear, especially self-inflicted. My idea of a healthy scare is when the music gets a little intense on Law and Order, and that can even push it sometimes. So if you're looking for someone to catch that upcoming "scream bloody murder" flick, I'm just not your gal. Sorry.
5. Facebook Statuses about Farmville, Fishville, Mafia, Etc. - I'll be brief. This is unacceptable and very annoying to your friends. I will hide you from my mini-feed, and in extreme circumstances, I will de-friend you. Period. End of story.