Monday, May 10, 2010

First Chair...

I wanted to give a shout out to my cousin, Matt. I went to his band concert a couple of weeks ago, and I don't mean to brag, but he is first chair trumpet. He also won a trumpet scale competition recently. (I'm not too sure what that means, but I hear it's pretty good.) I'm really proud of him. A little info about that part of my family: My Dad has no brothers and sisters, and my Mom only has one sister, E.L. (That's what we call her, anyway.) My Mom and her sister are super-close, so obviously we are close with her too. E.L. has two kids, Kyle and Matt. Kyle is your typical high school school student, just starting to drive, answering questions with one word answers, and interested in all things sports. He's such a good kid and sweet as can be.  Matt is your typical over-achieving middle school student. He wants to be the best at everything. This includes his trumpet playing skills. That's why I'm so proud that he got first chair. Here's some pics from the concert:

This is me with Matt after the concert.

Matt with my Mamaw and Grandaddy. They look pretty good for 80, huh?

Matt with E.L. and Uncle Gary

No comments:

Post a Comment