Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Friday Friends

I got a little busy on Friday, so my post is a little late. Here goes.

Brittany
Today, I would like to talk about my friend Brittany Carr Ridgway. Although Brittany is one of my college friends, we have actually been hanging out since our senior year of high school. We would come visit each other, and I would send her and Whitney promotional gifts from my work. Now, I knew from day one that I wanted to be a Phi Mu at MSU, but Brittany was a different story. The more I got to know her, the more I just knew we were destined to spend the next four years in pink. I would have heart-to-hearts with her as often as possible to try to convince her that she bled pink. Somewhere, something worked, and I’m so glad it did. Brittany is a natural born broadcaster, lover of all things pageants, a tall drink of water and a pretty dang amazing pianist. Seriously, sometimes I live vicariously through her talent. She’s been living in Miami with her husband, Robert, so I haven’t been able to see her very much. I know I can always text her, though, for a quick laugh, as we have so many little jokes. Now, she’s moving back to Mississippi, so I’m sure I’ll get to see her more often. Brit, thanks for being such a fun part of my life for these past 8 years. Wow, that’s a really long time!!

Whitney

Although she’s made an appearance on my blog before, it’s time to talk about my friend Whitney. Whitney and I have known each other since high school and have always thought that we must somehow be sisters. We always get asked if we’re twins, and I look a lot like her mom, Missy. Now I can’t say this enough, but I love Whitney Staggers! This is one person who can always make me smile. She’s the queen of a spray tan, the master of the stanky leg and a member of the official Westlife cover band. Other members include Brittany and me, and our only song is “Swear It All Over Again.” I will be singing this at her wedding reception, even if it’s just to myself. Now, I don’t just love Whitney; I actually love her entire family. Buddy, Missy and Will are a family away from family for me. You can’t beat a Staggers family argument! I’m willing to bet that we are all related somehow. We’re thinking of merging our family names to Starris sometime in the near future. Whitney is such a good friend and a person that I would do anything for. I love to be her personal head-hunter for jobs and have really tried to offer up my family to her since she’s been in the Jackson area. My parents absolutely love her, in part because I don’t think anyone has ever given my mom so many compliments on her Goulash. Whitney is truly a special friend to me and I appreciate her more that I could ever explain.

Leslie

She's such a model in this picture!
My friend Leslie is truly unique. I’ve known that there was something cool about her since the moment I met her. It could have been the New Orleans accent or the CD she gave me with the song “Mercedes Boy” on it, but something about her made me automatically say, “This girl is cool!” She has this style about her that no one else could pull off. She’s also so pretty and has some dance moves that I’m really jealous of. Let’s be honest, I’m jealous of most everyone’s dance moves, though. Leslie can do makeup better than anyone I know. I actually get a little nervous doing mine when she’s around, just wondering if she will think I did a good job. She’s also as sweet as can be. She always makes you feel so good when she talks to you by rubbing your arm or calling you sweetie. Something about her voice and presence is just so calming. She lives in New Orleans, so I don’t get to see her that often. But when I do, I get really pumped because I know it will be a good time. I’m really itching to plan a visit to NOLA to see her very soon!!

1 comment:

  1. Awww, James!!! That was so sweet. I love a shout out!!! And PLEASE come to NOLA for a visit, I would absolutely love it!!! I love and miss you.

    ReplyDelete