Does the early thanks cancel out the late thoughts?? That is the question to ponder today!
First, here are my thoughts (Birthday Style!)...
1. Thursday night, we went to eat with my family and had so much. Myers was so funny talking to everyone and saying their names. He even tried to sign my card, which melted my heart.
2. Friday night, Justin gave me my birthday gift a little early. (I really have no patience.) I could not be happier with it. As I mentioned earlier, he bought me some tables for our house a few months ago, so I wasn't expecting too much. I ended up with this baby...
The Kindle 3G Wireless. I have not stopped playing with it since I got it. It really is the best gift ever!!!
3. Saturday morning, I got my hair cut and highlighted. Let me just tell you, this was much needed!! Saturday night, we went to eat at Ruth's Chris. If you have never been there, you must go. The food was AMAZING, and I ate way too much. They even brought me a cheesecake with a sparkler in it. After that, we went out with some friends. (See pictures below.) I cannot tell you how much fun I had.
with Justin after dinner
with Graham at The Bulldog
with Justin and Drea at The Bulldog
with J Hunter at the Bulldog
4. Sunday (my actual birthday), we had a pretty low key day at Georgia Blue and Drew & Drea's house watching football. I have to mention that all the happy birthday wishes made me feel so loved that day. The icing on the cake (no pun intended) was when Myers called me and sang Happy Birthday. It was just the sweetest thing.
5. I had Monday off from work and was pretty lazy all day. Monday night, I went to Que Sera with some awesome friends and had an absolute blast. I got to spend time with some of my favorite people and got some pretty awesome gifts too! Since I don't have a picture from the night, I want to shout out to everyone who came to celebrate. Thank you to Heather, Paula, Jessica, Amanda, Allison, Lindsey, Meredith, Kayla, Jennifer, Lauren, Heather, Kelly and Lexie. And a special thank you goes out to Kristin for planning everything and picking me up. She's such a sweet friend and always makes a big deal out of birthdays! I love that about her.
Now on to Thursday Thanks...
Friday, November 19, 2010 - This day I was thankful for books. I love to read!! Getting my Kindle made me even more thankful for authors and their stories.
Saturday, November 20, 2010 - This day I was thankful for Justin. I may have used him before, but honestly I'm thankful for him a lot. He worked so hard to make my birthday really special, and I appreciate that so much. It was definitely my best and most memorable birthday yet.
Sunday, November 21, 2010 - I am so thankful for my parents, who on this day
21 27 years ago brought me into this world. Since then, they've done everything they could to make sure I had to the best life ever. I can't tell you how thankful I am for that.
Monday, November 22, 2010 - This day, I was so thankful for all of the people who came out to celebrate with me. I really felt loved by my friends and had so much fun with them!
Tuesday, November 23, 2010 - This day, I was thankful for my Ugg Boots. This may sound superficial, but I love those puppies. I love to come home at night and put them on with my pajamas to sit around and watch TV. Those babies are comfy, and I love comfy.
Wednesday, November 24, 2010 - Today I am thankful for our Executive Director, since she's letting us leave at 1 to go get ready for the holiday. Man, that feels great.
Thursday, November 25, 2010 - It doesn't even have to be tomorrow for me to know the list of things I will be thankful for tomorrow. That's right, I said list and it goes a little like this... turkey, dressing, cranberry sauce, broccoli casserole, chicken and dumplings, pork loin, homemade rolls, green beans, fried okra, boiled okra, etc. I love a feast.
Happy Turkey Day Everyone!!!
Gobble Gobble Gobble