Thursday, November 4, 2010

Thankful Thursdays

My friend Springer is posting every day in November with something that she is thankful for. I think this is an awesome idea. November is, after all, the month of Thanksgiving and my birthday. I'm pretty thankful for both of those. Since I do so many posts already, I won't post every single day about my thanks. I'm just going to wrap up everything into Thankful Thursdays. Here goes...
 
Monday, November 1, 2010 - The work that I do made me so thankful this day. As we started our conference, I was reminded exactly how important our work is. Victims deserve a voice, and that is what we do.
Tuesday, November 2, 2010 - On this day, I had the opportunity to hear Barbie Bassett share her wonderful story about faith and overcoming obstacles. She did an amazing job telling her story of survival and achievement. I was so inspired listening to her words. One thing that she talked about was letting go of what others think of you and not being a people pleaser. She read some emails that viewers send in to her on a regular basis. These emails critisized everything from her hair to her clothes. This made me so thankful of the support system that I have in my life. I have such wonderful family and friends that always build me up, and I could not be more appreciative!
Wednesday, November 3, 2010 - This is the day that I got to come home to my clean car and sanded night stands. Obviously, this made me thankful to have such a sweet boyfriend. Kind of makes me excited about the rest of my life.
Thursday, November 4, 2010 - Today I am thankful for sweaters. I know this is strange, but I'm extremely cold natured. If it weren't for warm, comfy sweaters, I would freeze all winter.
 
Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend, and I challenge everyone that has a blog to do a thanks list all of November.

No comments:

Post a Comment